Monday, January 9, 2012

When I Grow Up #7

When I grow up I will travel around the world or maybe work. When I get married my husband will be very cute and funny. I will have lots of animals in the house. I will drive a very big car. My husband will drive a big truck. I will work and my husband will stay home with the kids. I will have two boys and one girl. I can't wait to grow up. 
By Dana Nolan (2nd gr.)
    1995




When you're a little kid, you can't wait to grow upWhen you grow up, you have a hankering for a do-over. But all we have, I keep reminding myself again and again, is this moment.


In this moment, I'm glad to know I can show up here, even if I don't come every day like I used to, even if I'm tired, or worried, or really happy about putting my pajamas on at six o'clock at night. I don't know about you, but it seems to me that this growing up thing happens too fast...way too fast.



thinking of you tonight, dear reader. 


xo b


[Photo of an itty-bitty Claire holding a brand new baby. circa 2003?]


For my #1 "When I Grow Up" Fan...Did I share Dana's piece already, Leigh Ann?



1 comment:

  1. Is all this happening way to fast or are we just not slowing down enough to notice it?perhaps a bit of both.
    I will slow down enough to visit this spot again
    OX.BriaRose

    ReplyDelete